Here are ten rules men wish women would follow:
- If you ask a question you don’t really want an answer to, expect an answer you didn’t want to hear.
- Sometimes we’re not thinking about you. Live with it.
- Don’t ask us what we’re thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss topics such as navel lint, the shotgun formation, and monster trucks.
- When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really
- Crying is blackmail.
- Ask for what you want. Let’s be clear on this one. Subtle hints don’t work. Strong hints don’t work. Really obvious hints don’t work. Just say it!
- No, we don’t know what day it is. We never will. Mark anniversaries on a calendar you know we check.
- We’re not mind readers, and we never will be. Our lack of mind reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.
- Yes and no are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
- Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That’s what we do. Sympathy is what you girlfriends are for.
– Cheryl Lavin, “Rules Guys Wish Girls Played By,” Chicago Tribune